Coriander Prawns in Filo Cups
For the Filo cups
- 30g (1oz) butter, melted
- 1 sheets Filo pastry
For the prawns
- 12 large cooked peeled prawns
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp fish sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- ½ lime , juice
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 5 g fresh coriander
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350F/Gas4
- Lay a sheet of filo pastry lengthways out on the work surface and brush the top half of it generously with melted butter. Fold the lower half back to cover the butter, butter the top of that as well.
- Cut the filo into 5cm strips across the width of the sheets of filo and then the same across the length to make 12 x 5cm squares
- Place one square on top of another to make a star shape
- Place in mini muffin tins and cook in the oven for 5-10 minutes until golden brown.
- To make the sauce, combine all the ingredients except for the coriander in a jam jar and shake well. Chop the coriander stalks up to the leaves and add that to the sauce. Reserve the leaves for garnish
- Coat the prawns with the sauce. Place one prawn in each filo cup and top with a reserved coriander leaf.